Position: Java Consultant
Cognitran is an industry-leading software company with a variety of clients, predominantly in the automotive sector. We are undergoing rapid expansion and are offering an excellent opportunity for a Java Consultant to support our growth.
You will be a highly technical, hands-on developer utilising Java based technologies. You will work closely with programme managers, Agile team facilitators, scrum masters and developers, as well as liaising with key external stakeholders.
To apply for this role, in addition to having a minimum of 5 years of proven commercial experience in Java software development, you will have experience of engaging with software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment. You will be joining teams with a variety of diverse skills and experience. The role requires a motivated, confident individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and, once established, can autonomously make decisions for the benefit of the company.
You will be degree educated in computer science, or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements, develop these into strong design documentation, estimate work required to complete projects, assist with the distribution work to the development teams, and ultimately ensure successful delivery.
You will be able to demonstrate the confidence and initiative to approach customers, seek out new opportunities and explain how ‘our’ vision can assist with their needs.
- Visiting external stakeholders to understand their requirements, demonstrate new ideas and functionality
- Write code to enhance our array of software applications
- Supporting the delivery of multiple development projects from design through to release
- Assist scrum masters with defining delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones from a development perspective
- Assist with the mitigation of risks and issues ensuring they are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams both internally and externally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Backlog grooming; supporting iteration planning; resource allocation, critical issue analysis and resolution
- Writing code to enhance our array of software applications
- Excellent Java SE 8 and Java EE knowledge
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels
- The ability to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches
- Strong understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile
- The ability to build expert knowledge within the organisation
Hatfield Peverel, Essex
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday