Position: Mid-Level Java Developer
Cognitran Limited is an established software company headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This position will be based from our head office in Hatfield Peverel, Essex. This is an excellent opportunity for a Mid-level Java Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions primarily used by the automotive industry.
This is a software developer role for a leading-edge software company that enables our unique customer base to deliver technologically advanced online services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join a large team of developers who are responsible for working on a range of related products in a relaxed, friendly and focused environment.
The job will offer you an opportunity to work with the entire software stack using a wide range of state of the art technology.
The team that you will join deals with several products and applications used by several large clients based in the UK, the US, and Europe. This would give you the opportunity to deal with many different customers, with contrasting cultures and problems.
The role will be tailored to your skill set and wishes. We can offer you a variety of roles using the technologies you are passionate about and levels of contact with customers that you are comfortable with.
The range of different technologies that we use for our products will allow you to learn different ways of solving problems and enable you to expand your understanding of software development.
As a key technical role, you would work within a fast-growing, Essex based software house with offices in the USA and Poland.
You will be working within a team of up to 10 (including other developers, designers, testers, and project managers). You will be given the opportunity to be involved with the entire software development cycle from business requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and infrastructure operations.
The team will be responsible for multiple projects all with different customers and technology stacks.
To apply for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with HTTP/REST web services.
- You should have a keen eye for detail and a real passion to follow good practices.
- An enthusiasm for technology in general and an appetite for solving complex programming problems.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience with Java programming.
- Good understanding of source version control (ideally with Git).
- Confidence to work with your own initiative and ability to find solutions independently when required.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English Language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).</p>
Experience with the following technology and practices:
- Java Application Frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- MVC concepts
- Agile development processes
- Practical experience with web-based user interface technology such as CSS pre-processing (e.g. LESS or SCSS), Thymeleaf, or JSPs.
- Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data and Spring Security)
- Struts 2
- Experience analysing customer requirements and suggesting creative solutions to business problems
Hatfield Peverel, Essex