Position: Software Test Engineer
The successful candidate will have experience of working on projects following the complete product lifecycle while working in a small team. The candidate will be able to understand and demonstrate the discipline of testing and how to assist with the implementation of test processes, this will involve understanding the current testing requirements, creating test scripts and robust communication with both clients and developers.
The candidate will work closely with our multi-national client base on new and existing projects and be expected to regularly liaise with customers at their respective locations and with internal development teams. In addition to showing core testing competency you will be expected to communicate effectively with customers and have experience in testing software within timescales and to deadlines. You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements and develop these into strong test documentation.
- At least 3 years’ experience of system testing within a software release environment
- A strong understanding of testing processes from both a technical and business perspective, specifically creating test plans, test specifications and test reports.
- A good knowledge of the development lifecycle and the role of testing within it
- Experience of testing Web based applications
- Use of defect tracking systems and version control systems
- Stakeholder management
- Planning and managing your time for a given engagement/release.
- Awareness of Agile development and test methodology
- Ability to investigate problems and defects to enable developers to easily reproduce and fix software defects
- Ability to work with multiple concurrent projects and adapt to project changes.
- Experience of using a problem tracking tool e.g. Jira
- Experience of using automation software (such as Selenium or similar technologies)
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalising on opportunities and resolving issues
- Testing certifications (ISTQB, ISEB) would be beneficial but is NOT essential
- Testing across multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, iOS, Android