Position: Scrum Master (Mid-level)
Cognitran Limited is an established Software Company headquartered in the UK with additional offices in Poland and the US. The positions will be based from our UK and Poland offices from where we service a number of our globally recognised clients.
We are looking for an individual with commercial experience in delivering projects in an Agile environment. The successful candidate will have worked on projects through a complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery. Cognitran and our customers work in a highly technical environment so knowledge of IT infrastructure and Agile development is key to this role.
The individual we are looking for will have the acumen to drive business-critical projects through to a successful conclusion via an iterative delivery process. You will have the ability to work cross-functionally with all members of an Agile team, identifying and mitigating potential risks and blockers whilst communicating through daily stand-ups/scrums and using Agile tools such as Jira.
A key requirement of the role is the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships while preserving the interests of Cognitran, and the ability to motivate, coach and continuously drive improvement in the internal team.
You will be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct Cognitran's future.
Additionally, an understanding of projects from both budget management and financial monitoring aspects would be useful. The position includes a high level of client liaison and stakeholder management.
- Effectively bring together and communicate to all Agile team members including: Product Owners, RTEs, DevOps, Business analysts and Testers to ensure all features and User stories are agreed and delivered within an iterative framework
- Understand and drive deliverables within the Scrum team
- Work closely with a Product Owner on priorities and backlog refinement
- Work with a Product Owner to determine and maintain relevant metrics to track performance
- Run Kanban boards, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Work closely with other Scrum Masters to ensure cross team coordination
- Educate and encourage teams to work within the Agile framework for successful delivery of projects
- Take ownership and strive to deliver a variety of business critical projects
It should be noted that Cognitran values experience over qualifications for this particular role, therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate a majority of the essential skills listed below:
- Scrum master experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to review existing processes and implement new processes when and where required, thereby improving productivity and quality
- Experience of a full SDLC
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, development methodologies/terminology
- Exceptional understanding of critical paths and how to communicate and apply these to business
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Positive energy and a strong drive to succeed
- Able to work well under pressure, stick to deadlines and meet KPI's
- Proactive; looking for ways to prevent issues before they happen rather than firefighting
- Strong team player who can facilitate the Agile process via Agile ceremonies
- Proven experience of having liaised with customers/stakeholders
- A desire to succeed with an outlook to become involved with more complex and difficult projects as part of their career progression